Monday, February 28, 2011

Berlin in Pictures!

Here are the photos of Berlin I know people have been dying for.

This train and these patterns were my first impressions of Berlin. Chyeahhh.

The East Side Gallery. This is where the wall is covered in murals, you can see it stretching in the distance.
The first part of the East Side Gallery

Probably not the best representation of the graffiti throughout the city, but I thought this was so cute and hilarious!

The turkish market...yummmm!


My lunch on Friday, not exactly sure what it is. Deep friend puffy deliciousness with cheese and spinach. Also yummm.

Warm baby checking out da oranges.

A not so creamy cheesecake as a snack!

Followed with a yummy hot chocolate and some serious journal therapy.

The perks of a smart car. Sorry Kale and Leslie,  I don't think you guys would fit in this car.

I really loved this sign! I felt like it was so appropriate.

The funny little walking man. As I was taking this picture some drunk guy mocked me an told me to take pictures of him.

Brandenburg Gate

Memorial for the murdered Jews of Europe. (That is actually the name)

The site of Hitler's bunker and the place where he committed suicide and was burned. Yes, it is now a parking lot. Apparently it wasn't actually marked until the 80s or 90s.

Checkpoint Charlie.

The sign at Checkpoint Charlie.

War Memorial sculpture by Kathe Kollowitz.

Berlin! The War memorial, a museum, the top of the Berlin Cathedral and the TV Tower

My lunch on Saturday. Currywurst. Also very very yummm.

Hi Berlin!

A pretty square

yes, this is the Reichstag made entirely out of chocolate.

2 comments: