Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Barbara Fredrickson

For my positive psychology class we had to read an article by one of the leading researchers in the field, Barbara Fredrickson. She has found that in order for a human being to "flourish", there is a 3:1 ratio of positive:negative things. From what I understand, this can be applied to work settings, mental health, family, really anything. What I don't understand though is that what is positive and what is negative is really dependent upon the person. Regardless, I have had a 3:1 ratio the past 4 mornings. The past three mornings I have woken up to these gorgeous sunrises, today I woke up to snow and loud winds. Grrr... I want my pretty red sunrise back!

I leave for Berlin on Thursday evening, I will be there all day Friday by myself. I am a bit nervous, but I know I will have a great time. I will be sure to upload pictures next week.

Side note: We were eating dinner in this little Italian place by school one night and I fell in love with the CD that they definitely had on repeat. I asked the name and her name is Carla Bruni. Here is a video of her most popular song on her newest album:

Here are the pictures of my 3:1 mornings:
[Sunday morning]

[Monday morning]
 [Tuesday morning]

[Sad, snowy Wednesday morning]
Here is a picture of the delicious pizza I made last night. Tomato, red pepper, mozzarella, and basil. Yummmmm.




1 comment:

  1. 1) is that really pizza or a ball of dough with vegetables hidden in it? lolz

    2) hope you arent scared of being by your lonesome in Berlin!!

    3) "Quelqu'un M'a Dit"!! I own that song, LOVE IT! Over the summer I started compiling various French songs in hopes that one day I'll learn it. This was one.

    MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete